Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ushered into my destiny (:

Hi everyone, I'm Nadine and today I would like to share with you about my journey in Usher Ministry! Hahaha. Machiam testimony.

Anyway, I first came to church on 11th December 2005. Of course, me being me, I was so good that I even came for the countdown on 31st December. And on that day, usher ministry impacted me!

You must know that FTMS had a very small audi. During the first part which was CREATE, no chairs were set up because there were just no space. Then we had about 15-20 mins break before we returned for Heart Awards. And within that short period of time, I see so many people walking to and fro, from the Art Gallery to the audi. And they just kept carrying chairs, putting it down, and repeated this process. And some of them were still in their Create outfits! I was like, WOAH, who are these super cool people mannnnnnnnnnnnn. And of course they were our wonderful....

USHERS!!!!

And then I told Samantha Foo, my CGL, that I wanted to join usher ministry! So I started my first duty on 16th April 2006, which was also Easter Sunday! It was just amazing with such a crazy bunch of people. I remembered Red Rain soon came and it was like my 2nd - 3rd duty. Super nervous. I was only the gate usher but I knew it was an important role because I would determine if the flow is good..

My first Chief Usher was none other than... Tan Jian Ming! And my first 2nd IC? Cherie Low! Haha.

Jian Ming was so nice to me on my first duty! He assigned one usher to me to take care of me, that usher was Cheryl Chan! (Yes, that one from Zone F. Haha) Then we had some time before doors opened and he kept asking me to go drink water! Hahahaha. Really felt so loved as a new crew!

Of cos I learnt many things along the way... I strongly believe that if I was not in Usher Ministry, I would not rise up as fast. Usher Ministry taught me the importance of passing down the right info, to think for people, to be alert & sharp..

I remembered my first duty as a Chief Usher. I was super scared the days before. I was afraid I won't do a great job! Come on lah, we're also humans!!! Of course will be scared too! Haha. But I really prayed and God told me to step out of my comfort zone, and go to a new level. That was a breakthrough not only in ministry, but my own life as well (:

Now in this new place, God has really brought us to a whole new level, a professional level. But you know what, we still have the usher family feeling. That's what I like about Usher Ministry. When we usher, we chiong, people would think, they're just so good at what they're doing. But when we play.... Muahahaha. Everyone beware! We just go CRAZY!

Looking forward to Usher Ministry 2.0.

It's gonna be amazing.

I love Usher Ministry to the MAX. Do you? (:

Ushered into my destiny,
Nadine

No comments: