Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wei Jie (Sweet), C9 - Spartans!

Hey ushers!

Let me share with you my journey since i joined this Usher Ministry!

My first visit to Heart of God Church was on 3 July 2005!! It's was the 1st Sunday of the month!
That was still in FTSM. Well this is not so much important, whats the most important is that, the moment that the lift door open and i'm about to step into church.. I can hear 2 ushers at the Glass Door with their loud vloume saying "Hi! Welcome to Heart of God Church!!!" Sound familiar? Haha.. When i hear that i felt really like a home to me. It was a feeling that i never felt before in my whole life, event in my own family. Then i was telling myself.. Hey how come i got this home feeling and is like a place where i really belong too. And at the very day of my visit, I got Save! Praise God!
"So ushers, for those of you think that you're just a normal usher, doing ushering at the White Gate or Glass Door means nothing much, i want to tell you that you are wrong. You are impacting somebody life, you never know if the person will get save on that very day because of you.. Especially the New Friend who came" Amen?

Since after that Usher Ministry left a great impression of me, and i went to ask my leader what is Usher Ministry all about? After my leader told me about it, the next thing i know is that i told my leader that i want to join Usher Ministry! And continue the next thing i know is that I'm in Usher!!! I remember i had to go for usher training and was trained by Roy (Ex Head Usher) i can still remember the training was around 2 hours, after 1 hour+ roy give us a break for only 5 mins or something.. and i was late after the break, i was asked to sit at the side and roy ask: Why are you late after break? i had nothing to say, cause i late for no reason. Then roy share with me and the rest of ushers say: you are late for 5 mins and there are 4 person wait for you, because you are late, if you use the 5 mins to add to the 4 person time = 20 mins. In the 20 mins a lot of things can be done. (Hit hit) So from then on, i learn not to be late.

So it comes to my first duty on Dec 2005! When i was on my first duty, i still don't know what to do and how to usher people to their seats.. So i was attach with 1 of the older usher to teach me everything about ushering. And i really feel so
warm and love by the usher who had so many patient and willing to teach me things that i don't know.

If you all know, i use be a person who don't really talk a lot, its because of Usher that make me come out of my Comfort Zone and my chief usher who talk to me and challenge me to step out of my comfort zone to talk to the people. I remember after a 3/4 months of ushering in church, we were told that we will be doing usher for FOP 2006 in Singapore Indoor Stadium. That was the first time in my life ushering 50000 over people, i was telling myself "like that how to usher sia.." Then when 1st day of FOP come and the door are open i really get to experience ushering different type of people, it was a big explosion for me then. This is my 1st
impactful experiences. Slowly from there, i catch the Heart of ushering.

Also how i become 2 i/c, it was after my 1st year in Usher Ministry. I was told that i be having meeting with Jian Ming, then i was thinking what did i do wrong? haha.. (actually nothing) During the meeting jianming say we are 2 i/c now, then my response; huh? why? its because we catch the Heart behind Usher Ministry.
"Guys, once you catch the Heart behind it. You will fly like never before you think you can be
"

The 1st time i lead usher was at parkview leading a section of ushers. It's was a great great experiences for me to have the chance to lead and use my potential to to serve God. I also want to thanks Jian Ming for letting me take 1section and lead ushers. From then on i have been faithfully doing the small things which my chief usher or jian ming ask me to do.

At last.. Now i want to move on from Good to Great SL! And by of this end of this year, i want to become Chief Usher! =P "...endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ" 2 Timothy 2:3


Lv,
Wei Jie (Sweet) 2.0

No comments: