Sunday, March 23, 2008

Jiayin, F4, Spartans

Jiayin (F4, Spartans!)

Hi guys! I first joined usher ministry around in September 2007. I remembered that I wanted to join usher ministry because I wanted to serve God and His people and I wasn’t in any ministry at that time so I decided to join usher ministry :D

My first usher duty was during the parachute band concert and I was placed at the glass door and attached to one of the older ushers. I think it was a really great experience as I learnt how to step out of my comfort zone and to greet people with confidence when they enter. I think this marks off as a great start to my ‘ushering journey’ as I learnt the basics of an usher: to always smile at people & making them feel comfortable.

Another impactful experience was which when Zone F ushers were on duty on 1st March in the main auditorium! I was in section A and holding the walkie talkie. Holding the walking talkie was really a great experience. During this usher duty, I had grown to another level and I believe so did the other ushers. This usher duty was really different from that as zone F service as we cannot afford to be slack and we really need to give our 100% to God and to serve people whole-heartedly.

Usher ministry is indeed a ministry that moulds up my confidence and many of the things I learnt in usher ministry could all be applied in my daily life. I see myself being a usher IC by the end of 2008 and I will work towards this and will continue to give my best to God. (:

No comments: