Sunday, March 9, 2008

USHER!


Yo people!
I joined usher ministry during August in year 2005. My first first usher training was with Jian Ming and i still remembered going through usher training in the small small usher room in FTMS house with Ee Loo! It was really stressful as that time, Jian Ming showed us slides of Pastors and Leaders faces and had to remember how they looked like and their names. It was very fun as well! Soon after, I started my first duty in a team called Kaleidoscope! Wah, i tell you ah, super scary!!! I didn't know anyone! But my Chief usher on that day made me feel very warm and welcomed. So firstly, i started arranging the chairs and realised how bad i did! All the rows that i did was VERY SLANTED! haha couldn't help but laugh at myself. However, on my VERY first duty, my whole usher team was discipled that very day. Something happened to the door knob of the usher cupboard and no one took the initiative to tell any of the Chief Ushers that it had fallen off. I still remembered Jian Ming telling me, "Wah, Sabrina, your fist duty then you kana already..". haha it was really very memorable. After which, the other duties followed up with more discipleship in tiny tiny areas which taught me how to be faithful in the smallest things ever. Also, another duty which left me with a deep impression was during one of the communion days in FTMS. We were severly discipled as the whole thing was a disaster. My very own Chief Usher even cried on that day. It was one where I've learnt how to work as a team and not to be an individual.

The final incident was when i was very close to my usher team and i started to learn how my second IC and Chief Usher worked. I observed them and dreamed of becoming a second IC myself. That was when i was even more motivated to learn. I then went through quite a bit of severe discipleship by my leader in my own personal life as I went after titles and positions. During the period of changing my character slowly, I was suddenly given a walkie talkie during one of the duties in Parkview sq. I didn't even know how to use it, where's the on button or what channel all those. Then i started to grow from there onwards, learning even more and observing even more. Most importantly, catching the heart of serving. I think the main thing that i've learnt is to be very faithful in the small things, as the church grows bigger, it is even more important! And the aim of every usher isn't to just rise up for the title or position but to actually catch the heart and the burden. Since then, I was an SL in SingPost and i wanna keep growing as an SL. I don't want to be a stagnant SL! I wanna keep learning and catching the heart of serving and leading. I believe that when one is faithful in everything he/she does and has the heart and desire, promotion by God will come.

What made me stay on for almost 3 years in Usher ministry was actually the joy of serving alongside with my respective Chief Ushers and receiving every moment of discipleship. I wanted to keep letting God mould me and to keep growing to a whole new level!

At the end of 2008, i want to be a super super 2.0 SL whereby i can carry the burden of my Chief Usher and be zai! Eventually, rising up to be a Chief Usher! Not gonna rely on myself as i've got loads of things still to learn from Head and Chief Ushers but gonna rely on God!

Ready to learn more and serve more,
2.0 Sabrina.

P.s: sorry for the box and the extensive use of space at the top cos i duno how to change! and Ushers! Keep running this race for God! Learn from every discipleship!






No comments: