Sunday, March 9, 2008

Chelsea, F4, Fighters

Hi Everyone!

I joined usher ministry last year in July and have loved it since then!

The very first time I did usher duty, I was quite scared as I wasn’t sure what I’m supposed to do. Even as I was on my way to church, I started to panic. Another usher was assigned to teach me everything which made me less afraid. Haha! I was also amazed at the way the ushers set up chairs! They were so detailed and they made sure all the chairs were straight! It was definitely something that changed my viewpoint about arranging chairs! As a congregation, we just come and sit on the chairs. But we never know how much details and effort was put into setting up all the chairs!

Also, ushering for FOP left a great impression on me. It was my second time doing usher duty when I ushered for FOP. It was the first time I was ushering so many people. The fear that I initially had turned to excitement as the congregation started coming and I started ushering people. It was a great experience which taught me a lot on the practical part. Haha, all thanks to weichao and shermaine who were there to guide me along!

There was also a period of time that I kept doing ET. I remembered doing white gate like 3 times in a row! It was really fun and I enjoyed doing it, though i disliked the hot sun. The experiences doing ET made me realize that even as a white gate usher, I played an important role. I remembered once when Jianming did white gate with me. It was a really great experience and Jianming taught me how to provide the people with first class service and to greet every single person you know! He also taught me the importance of interacting with the congregation and making the new friends feel welcome.

Haha! I really love to serve God in usher ministry and I look forward to learning more things in the future!

Love,
Chelsea

No comments: