Sunday, March 9, 2008

HEY!
this is lumbin from F1 Spartans! haha.

My 1st usher was in the last week of FTMS house, which was around july. My usher training was fun, but at the same time, tiring. Before I joined usher ministry, I had a choice to choose between usher and video crew! Between the 2, i chose usher because I felt that it was a challenge to me, and I knew that if i joined usher, I would grow to a whole new level in terms of helping and serving others.

My 1st time ushering was during Zone F service. At that time, I was quite afraid as I did not know what to do.I was in Fighters then, and Jazreel took over Mark as the SL. Before the service, we had to set up the chairs for Zone F to sit down. Zone F was not as big as it is now, but we still put in our best effort to do out best to do everything to their best.
After that ushering that week, I felt different as ushering really thought me how to bring myself lower and to serve and help people.

My 1st impactful incident was when Pastor How said that other churches praised our ushers being so warm and friendly towards people. At that time, I felt my spirit go up as ushers had been very well trained by our leaders. I also felt that we have alot to improve on and that we are able to cover up each other's weaknesses in ushering.

My 2nd impactful ushering was just last week, when the Zone F ushers ushered the whole auditorium on a saturday. This proved quite strenuous, but it was a meaningful experience. It was quite tough because I was a SL and there were only 4 people including me taking an entire section. We made a few mistakes here and there, and we were slow in what we were doing. However, we learnt from our mistakes and we improved gradually throughout the ushering. I learnt that we need to put in our best no matter what we do, whether we are ushering a small group of people or a large group. We need to put in our best into ushering people, as every soul impacted is a live saved. When newcomers are so impressed by our works, they will have another reason to come back every week!

I stayed on in usher due to many reasons, one of which is probably the joy and fun serving alongside my other friends and also to see the smile on other's faces when we serve them. This would make me very joyful as I started to enjoy serving others. Even though sometimes, usher was tough and we would get scolded, we knew that it was not just for our own good, but for the people we served as well. When we do things fast and efficiently, we would be able to serve others with more confidence and pride.

What i hope to be at the end of 2008 is that I want to be a SL and lead a section in the auditorium usher. That would be my target at the end of this year.

yeah! thats all! i hope you enjoyed reading it.
signing off,
LumBin.
forever serving

No comments: