Tuesday, March 11, 2008

JianHong, E5 - Fighters!

Hi Ushers 2.0!

I truly believe it was God's plan to place me into Usher Ministry.
I still remember last time when my leader asked me what ministry would I like to join. I actually chose Lights Ministry instead of Usher Ministry as I think that Lights Ministry was a very cool and exciting ministry. Yet to me, I always thought that Usher Ministry was a very tiring and boring ministry. Thus, it never came across my mind at all.
However one day, Yilin actually called me up and said that I'm being recruited into Usher Ministry. I told her that she must have made a mistake as I did not choose Usher Ministry at all, but Lights. Thus, I asked her to double confirm again. Yilin called me again and said that she did not make a mistake because its my leaders that place me in Usher and truly I'm being recruited into Usher Ministry and there will be a Usher Training on the following Wednesday. I was really very sad and disappointed at that point of time. However, my leaders encouraged me to give it a try. Thus, I did.
The following Saturday was already my first duty and I'm in a usher team, called
'Kaleidoscope'. The people there was warm and friendly.
I still remember how's my first duty was like. I was a very quiet and shy little boy then.(HAHAHA) Hence, I was very quiet and looked kind of gloomy on my first duty. It was then Nadine, Gangyuan and Yilin came forward and talked to me. They are very nice people and Gangyuan was the one that teaches and guided me on how and what I should do and I really learnt a lot. They are the ones that I can still remember clearly even till now whenever I tried to reminisce. Thus, my first impression on Usher Ministry was great as crews there are warm and friendly and it was fun and challenging to usher the congregations to their seats. This is where I learnt to speak up and communicate with the people/
From then on, I always looked forward for my next duty! Like what Jian Ming said, Usher Ministry is a 'Training Ground' for all of us. Indeed, this is where I learnt and grew a lot from.
Yes, there are 3 incidents that I still remember clearly and really grew a lot from.

My first incident was when I wore ankle socks for usher ministry for my first few duties during FTMS times and was caught and was disciple by Noni. Thus, he wanted me to bring 2pairs of long black socks the following week and show it to him. I brought it as I treated his words seriously and I showed him. He's very shocked and surprised that I actually remember. This is when Jian Ming knows about it and he gave me a chance to be a Section I/C and to hold a walkie talkie on my next following duty which is the Christmas Eve'06 big event and be in charge of Section 'Beta2' at Parkview Square. I was very excited and tell myself I should give my very best and not disappoint Jian Ming since he entrusted me with one section. This is when I get to be a Section I/C too for events like Christmas Day'06 and Heart Awards'06 and this is where I really grew and learnt a lot. It was a great experience. Thus fellow ushers, I felt that Jian Ming and the Chief Ushers don't just look at your skills in ushering, but even on our faithfulness in those small little things. And treating Jian Ming, the Chief Ushers and Section Leaders words seriously.

My second great experience was FOP'07!




It's held at Singapore Indoor Stadium. And Heart of God Church's Ushers are involved in it! I was very excited then as I never get to usher in such big event when we can usher thousands of people! I still remember I was given a chance to be in charge of 3 sections of 'West'(If I'm not wrong?) side. And I'm able to work with some of the City Harvest Church's Ushers. It was really a great experience as I learnt a lot from the CHC's ushers! Though the congregations are very different from the Heart of God Church members because hoGc members are more cooperative and friendly. Thus, it was kind of hard to usher the congregations there. But it was really a great broke through for me. I learnt to have more patience in handling those problematic congregations and also watch over the 3 sections. It was really fun and exciting and I'm already looking forward for the next FOP'08! Hahaha. I assure you ushers that those who have not usher for FOP before, it'll be a great experience and you guys will really learnt and grow to another whole new level from there!
FOP'08, here we come!

My third incident was on 29th March, End Times Bible Study!
This is the day I really grew a lot and learnt. It's really a training ground for me and I like that. I made quite a lot of mistakes that day. And I was disciple harshly by Jian Ming. Though I'm really disappointed after that but I tell myself that I should learn from my mistakes and grow from there and let not this happen again but not fall. This is where I learnt my mistakes and Jian Ming really showed me my vision for my Point B that I should really aim for and grow. Thus out of this 3 incidents, this 3rd incident really made me grew a lot.
Fellow ushers, I just want to say that correction is not rejection! Accept discipleship from the top and not fall after that. The reason why they disciple is because they care. This is where you can really grow a lot from. Treat every mistakes as a opportunity to grow.


To look back, I actually have come so far. And yes, there's still long journey ahead for me to grow in Usher Ministry. What I can say is, faithfulness! Don't get tired in serving usher and don't treat it as a job, but passion and having the heart. And that's explain, "Ushering People Into Their Destiny". We ushers, are magnanimous! And I never regret to be in Usher Ministry! I should really thank my leaders for placing me in Usher Ministry in the first place. This is where I can really build my character and know many cool and exciting friends from each different zone. And I know Usher Ministry is a never-ending learning process and journey, there's still a lot things for me to learn from all of you guys. Let us work together and be ready for Usher Ministry 2.0!

Love,
Jian Hong 2.0!

No comments: