Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Usher ministry 2.0 ! (:

Priscilla , F4 . [Spartans , ZoneF]
hi guys :D Just wanna share with you guys how have i grown in usher since my first usher duty last year ! Peishan did my usher training with me and i was amazed by how strict the ministry in and to me it was a challenge ! My first usher duty was with warriors though i was in fighters as my usher IC needed ppl for zonef service , i remember everything run well that day , i followed my IC and observe how he prepares the water , how he collect the bulletins etc . And i was standing at the stairs welcoming the people ushering them into the room :D i remember i was the one taking the music stand away from stage when the worship starts , i was on standby there , felt the stress & didn't want anything to go wrong for that day. Service ended & we had debrief , my SL said that i was doing quite well for a new crew and it was my first duty. That sentence really hit me alot and i made a decision to accelerate in usher ministry & giving Him the glory !The second impactful experience was during the VBS . The IC was Yilin , and when we started out arranging the chairs we really took alot of time , i was quite disappointed with myself because it just shows that i need to improve on my sense of urgency and how slack i was when im on zonef duty. We prayed and i was stationed at the glass door to welcome the people in , i stood there and was quite lost having no idea what time should i go in when the praise&worship starts. After the VBS i rushed home straight away as it was already quite late , and i didn't stayed for the debrief but i know what happend during the debrief when i called one of my friend up , it really made my think . A week after VBS jianming gathered the zonef ushers telling us we need to bring zonef ushers to the next level and experience breakthroughs ! & i really did feel the change during the service. Soon after that zonef ushers has reconstruction , it was then my usher ic , Mark Yen left the ministry and Chelsea was the ic for fighters ! but i was posted to spartans with my lovely ic , Jazreel Ng :D She msged me after the ignite conference encouraging me to cheer up as i did not usher for the whole of ignite ! I was really happy when i received her msg and looked forward to the next usher duty . When i was informed that the whole of zonef ushers will be ushering on 1st March , i jumped from earth to heaven and heaven to earth ! I told my mum and confirm with her so that she wont locked me up last minute , it was quite a challenge to me as we only had 40mins left to arrange the chairs and put all the bulletins and paper , but one advantage was of course the chairs had already been setup :D i was helping out in section A with 3 of my friends , and settled down the people asap but it was quite messy for the starting of the service . We had debrief after that in the ops room and was really encouraged by jianming , i know i did give my best and 100% to God for that service , but im gonna keep bringing myself to a whole new level because when zonef have their own service in the audi , i will be one of the ushers , ushering them into their destiny. I do see myself as a usher IC by the end of the 2008. & of course im currently trying very hard to build myself up :D I will be aiming to be the one who carrys the pulpit during the zonef service in the audi next time with my friend , jiayin ! Well , in short , i want to be both a security and usher IC by the end of 08 !
Usher ministry really build up my confidence and boldness in my daily life , and those encourages that is given by my ic is priceless , they're the ones who will help you grow in usher ministry and i love them :D When i bring everything i learn in usher minstry to my cca , choir , my teacher seems amazed by what i am doing in choir . I think she'll be blown away if she knows how zonef service is run by youths aged from 12 to 15 ? How cool will it be when you're still ushering at the aged of 40? I love usher ministry alot , and the satisfaction i get everytime :D
love ,
Priscilla .

No comments: