Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Usherministry (:

Hi Ushers,

I had joined usher ministry in 2003 during Henderson times and at that time my leader was also in usher ministry and he asked me which ministry I wanted to serve in and at that point of time, I was a very shy and not known plump boy and I am not able to decide which ministry I wanted to join so I just told my leader I join the same ministry as he does and the next thing I know, I am in usher ministry. In usher ministry, I get to know a few friends and they are none other than Noni, Jacky, Gang Yuan and Ah Cai. I always hang out with them and did duties together with them. We even challenged who can collect the offering the fastest at that time. "Police wear shorts in the past, usher ministry also wears shorts!" HAHAHA.

That was in Henderson days and when we had moved in to FTMS, Roy became the head usher and he came up with the cool looking formal black attire and now, here we are as ushers, wearing our formal black attire for duty. Doesn't it look professional? (: During the times of FTMS, I was stationed at the glass door for most of my duties and as you guys know, there are 3 lifts and when I saw the lift coming up to the 6th level, I would always get myself ready and tell my fellow partner at the glass door to get ready too and would stand straight and not pose. It was really a great experience for me and I have grown to be bold and having the confidence to approach people. I was taken out of usher ministry because of AE and after I came back, Noni was my Chief usher and Nadine and Yilin was the 2nd I/Cs for my team, "Kaleidoscope" and Nadine even thought I was a very new crew but Yilin told her, "Are you sure?" HAHAHA it was so funny when Nadine told me about this.

I still remembered when we were all waiting at dhoby ghaut mrt station for all the ushers and we are about to head towards FOP06. I was very excited because this is my first time ushering such a big crowd at the indoor stadium and I was stationed to usher the congregation at the ground level which is meant for the VIPs to be seated at. I was quite scared when the crowd dashed in but after doing for a couple of days, I had got the hang of it and after the whole experience, I look back and had seen myself really learnt a lot and growing to a whole new level.

How I became a Chief usher? I was not too sure but at that time, the rest of the Chief ushers came and congratulate me and I was puzzled why they did that and soon, I realise I was a Chief usher, that was how I became a Chief usher. During my first duty leading, I was very afraid and scared to talk to the ushers but I had pluck out my courage and really stepping out of my comfort zone. Jian Ming have really taught me a lot for all these years when he was a Chief usher in FTMS days and now I am proud to say that I have a great Head usher who really had sowed many things in my life! All the fun that we had in the past during the usher outings and the times that he had taught me. It is also God who had put me in usher ministry and allowing me to fulfil my destiny and now I want to serve people and leading them into their destiny! (:

Usher ministry is really a training ground that had moulded my character and attitude in life. So let's really grow to a ministry of 2.0 and our ownselves to 2.0! I really love usher ministry and also all the ushers, do you? (:

Love,
Keegan aka angmoh (:


No comments: