Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Serene Cheng, F2, Spartans

Hi everyone!
I joined Usher not long ago. I think was this year January.
When I first knew that I was in Usher Ministry, I was shocked and excited! (:
I was excited because that was my first ever ministry in Heart ofGod church and I really looked forward to my first Usher Duty. More than that, 2 of my good friends (Adeline&Isabel) who are in F2,in the same team as me are also in Usher Ministry! I was shocked because I had forgotten how I got into Usher Ministry. I think Ushering is really cool even though I'm a new crew and had only been on Usher for 2 times only. I remembered my first Usher duty was on the 1st March 2008 which was not long ago. On that day, I really hoped that my duty would be standing at the glass door to Usher people in for service. I thought that it would be really awesome to welcome people in with a smile saying " Hi welcome to Heart of God church ! ". Even before I was in Usher Ministry, I already thought of how great it would be if I could stand there for my Usher duty. However on that day, my duty was in the Auditorium. I was quite upset. But it was then I realised that having my duty in the Auditorium was equally as great and fun! (: I was even more happy when I knew that my sister's duty is also in the Auditorium and I was in the same section as her ! During my second Usher duty which is in ZoneF made me even love Usher more. My sectional leader Jazreel was really great and friendly! Whenever I have questions about anything, she would always answer to my questions. During my ZoneF Usher Duty, I was really shocked by how my sister work. She is really fast in everything! It was then I knew that my sister really enjoyed her Usher Duty. I was determined. I believe that if my sister can , I also can. I also learn that we should always give things a try before doing anything we think we cannot do from my first duty on the 1st March 2008. I remember because service had ended and all the ZoneF ushers were busy doing their own duty. Some of us had to keep the chairs after service ended. I thought the chairs were super heavy and keep one chair at a time in a slacking mood. But when I saw the other ushers from ZoneF working so fast and they at least kept 2 chairs at a time, I went to ask Priscilla who was nearby if the chairs were heavy. She said it was okay and by carrying 2 chairs at a time was faster. So I've decided to give it a try. At first, it was quite heavy. But later, it was okay. Although this is a very small matter, but this actually helped me a lot. Even though these are small little things, I really learn a lot. I would like to stay on in Usher Ministry because whenever I step to Heart of God church and all the Ushers who are in black were all smiling and had a friendly look made me felt super welcomed. And I too want people to feel the same as me! (: I would really like to grow a lot in Usher Ministry and I believe I still have a lot to learn. I would like to become a SL by the end of o8 like my SL Jazreel.

I will always make an effort for my Usher duty everytime because it is not just a duty to me. It is more than a duty. (:

No comments: