Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sng Peck Hoon (White Powder) - Spartans! (:

Dear fellow ushers,
just want to share something about myself in usher ministry today! Haha.

When I first joined usher ministry, it was in 2006 when we were still in FTMS house!
I remembered it was my leader, Wendy Neo, who placed me in this ministry.
I used to be in BIG & Excel. Haha although that was quite some time ago but I still could feel the excitement we would always have before service. Before service we will prepare everything and get everything done well before our chief usher brief us. "Slack" was not in our dictionary. I remember Jeremy told us that if we say we "do not know what to do" we should start thinking of a list of 10 things that we can do. This not just made us think but also it pushes us to another level of accomplishing things before our leaders remind us the 2nd or 3rd time. It is very important that we start to take initiative and work as a team to cover all grounds (: And that would be great..

When I was quite new in usher ministry it was Cherie who keeps including me.. haha. As I was quite shy and did not want to talk much, she still talks to me and teaches me things which I did not know how to do. eg. preparing Pastors' water. She would take me around and show me how to do it. And as I grew to become a more regular usher, she challenged me to include the new crews that we have that particular service. Like really being a bestfriend to them to guide them & etc. I was really inspired that day. Everyone in the usher team were all so united and we made true friendships. I remembered there was once when as a team we had lunch before our usher duty! At that time, everyone will chiong to make it! LOL. we always eat at the QQ noodle shop.. lol.. We just love the fellowship lah.

In usher ministry, I had known what it means by the word "strict" and "discipline". In many ways, we will be definitely be discipled.. and that was when I really grew as a person! For me, I used to be always late. However, it took me an attitude of willingness to change to get this problem out of my life! I believe if I can change, so can you.. (: No matter how long, if we persevere (sometimes) the pain discipleship, all things are possible.

I think as usher ministry is progressing to usher ministry 2.0, I am looking forward to see people loving usher ministry even more.. as they serve even more, they would enjoy it even more.. More than being excellent but also first class spiritual ushers! Nevertheless, let's support our Pastors together in this, amen? yay.


Loving you all! -Peck

No comments: