Saturday, June 23, 2007

Wow, reading Miaow Guan's post have just motivated me so so much.

It's true, Usher Ministry has also been called the training ground, a place where people's character change, and most importantly, their lives. And I'm a living testimony! :DDD

I became an usher last April. And I'm proud to declare that Usher Ministry is my first ever ministry!!! If anyone ask me why would I want to join this ministry, I would always tell them the same thing:

"Cos hor, during Create '05, it was only my 3rd visit to church. Then during the break, I saw the ushers and they are so cool! All the dancers were also ushers and they were helping to carry the chairs!!!"

I think without Usher Ministry, I would not have come so far...

I've grown a lot. And it's all because of this superb, fantastic and wonderful ministry! Not only have I learnt things like being detailed, faithful in the small things, and also fierce stuffs like how to disciple people! Hahaha.

From the Chief Ushers, I've learnt the importance of prayed up SMSes. Cos I've witnessed a service, when ALL the ushers sent their prayed up SMS, and we had SO MUCH time to pray for service, and each chair. That day's service was fantastic! Everything just went so smoothly. From that day, I was even more determined to make sure all ushers send their prayed up SMSes. (hint to all fighters! hahaha)

From Jian Ming, one simple thing: care for your ushers. I was just a new crew then. Doors were going to open. Still, he came to me, and asked me if I was thirsty. Of course I said no! But he knew and asked me to quickly go take a sip of water. I'm touched by this little action (:

Then, Noni became my Chief Usher. He's always there. Whenever you need help, you know he's there. And together with Jian Ming, he has risen me up to where I am today. He taught me how to be firm, how to gain respect, usher skills... Countless things.

In simple terms, without Usher Ministry, I would not be who I am today.

I'm ushered into my destiny,
Nadine

No comments: