Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Journey of an Usher

Hey Usher,

Wow, Jian ming post is so..........POWER!!! Now is my turn...

Usher ministry is the most happening ministry and the biggest ministry in church. Beside training up people, we get to know a lot of people. And how many of you know why i join usher ministry? haha. Here is my story...

I first join usher when i was 12 years old when we are still in henderson. I was just transfer from children church to teens cell. (As known as Youth service) An adult came and asked jacky and I if we want to be an usher. Last time my english was super bad and I don understand what the adult was talking so i just shake my head and *Tink, i was in usher ministry. Nice right?

Last time we are still wearing short and t-shirt for usher. (Not like today, so cool) And the funny thing is that everytime, when it comes to offering, I will get myself ready and be the first one to go to Pastor! Is like who ever take offering from pastor will get prize. And every week without fail, Jacky, Gang yuan Ah cai (aka Jonathan) & I will be helping out in usher. Not to forget Wei liang, Yi lin & Nicholas Sim. That was when we are in henderson.

After henderson, we move into the city FTMS house! And that's when Roy is the head usher at that time. And we are there, usher ministry really go up another level. We begin to change our attire into full black. And we have usher training where Roy teach us how to usher and talk to people. (Btw, when we are in FTMS, my english has improved. So don think my english is still weak =X)

Journey in FTMS:

When we are in FTMS, we do not have Section Leader but we have 2nd IC. Pei shan & I was the first batch of 2nd ic. Last time Pei shan & I were in the same team. Of course there is other people as 2nd IC also. When I first became 2nd IC, I was super excited. We went through 2nd IC training. When I was a 2nd IC, the one thing i have is initiative. Everytime when the Chief usher need to do something, I will be the first one to offer help. When the Chief usher ask who want to do this, I will count in my heart for 3 seconds, if no one want to do it, I will rise up my hand. But of course if you take the task, you will get disciple a lot because you sure make mistake. That's when we grow. Much is given, much is required. And I always told myself that I need to be faithful in small things. Whatever the Chief usher says, I must do it. So in FTMS, I really got discipled a lot. Of course I'm sad about it but, I keep on growing because I know whatever I get discipled, that's when I will grow. But there is one season when we lack of Chief usher because some of the Chief usher left the church. How many of you know that in HOGC, we always rise up people? And that's when Pei Shan, Cherie & I became Chief usher. And is a whole new level for me.

Wow, I can keep going on and on. Come to think of it, it's been a long journey & I'm really excited about the next few years! I believe the next generation will always be better. Usher keep going for your dream. Keep your dream alive! Be faithful. God's sees all things.

Why are you in Usher ministry? Because is God's plan.

God did not put you in usher ministry to enter the race, God put you in usher ministry to finish the race well...

Remember: 2Tim2:3: "Endure hardship as a good solider for Jesus Christ"

Jian ming & All the Chief usher love you guys!



With Love,
Jeremy (Noni)
Chief Usher

No comments: